Visa & Study Permits

Students wishing to study in Red Deer are responsible for securing their own visas and study permits prior to arrival in Canada.

Application for study permits are processed through Citizenship and Immigration Canada and applications for a study permit or visa are usually made through the Canadian Embassy in the student's country of origin.

For more information on the application process, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Once Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools has received a completed application form, we will provide a letter of acceptance that can be used to obtain study permits.

Extending Your Stay

Students wishing to extend  their study permit are responsible for applying for their extension at least three months prior to the termination date of their visa or study permit.

Applications to Extend Your Study Permit can be made through the CIC office in Canada and application documents are available at: CIC-Extend Your Study Permit

Immigration Updates

If you're flying to Canada, you may need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). The eTA is a new entry requirement for citizens from countries other than the U.S. who do not need a visa to enter Canada. Learn more and share the message! Check here to see if it applies to you.