Important reminder about Medical Insurance
Posted on February 3rd, 2016
Ingle International(our international student insurance company) has asked that we remind all participants of the following:
1) Call Intrepid 24/7—every emergency, every time
The Ingle team would like to emphasize that you(or students) must call the emergency assistance team, Intrepid 24/7, if they are visiting an ER and/or undergoing treatment, procedures, or assessments for serious medical conditions. The main reason we ask this is that many high-level emergencies require pre-approval or, at a very minimum, need to have a case file opened.
Intrepid 24/7 must be notified ASAP if a student:
· is being hospitalized for any reason
· requires surgery of any kind (including dental)
· needs an MRI or CT scan
· is seeking medical attention of any kind outside of Canada
Intrepid 24/7 should be notified if a student:
· needs to see a specialist (dermatologist, for example)
· is going to the ER for any reason
For visits to a local clinic for something minor, a notification call is not required. However, it could help accelerate the claims process, so calling ahead is always encouraged!
Intrepid 24/7 phone numbers:
· From Canada and the United States, call toll free 1.866.883.9787