School News

Important notice about ETA

Effective March 15, 2016 - eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is required for students/ visitors travelling to Canada by air from all visa-exempt countries.

Note the eTA is for visa-exempt countries only. U.S citizens or students/visitors that already have a visa do not require an eTA.

If you received your study permit on or before 31 July 2015, you will need to get an eTA if you plan to leave Canada and return by air. Ensure that you apply online for your eTA as you will need to have this authorization before you can board a flight to Canada.

The purpose of the eTA is to pre-screen visitors before they arrive at a Canadian airport. Travelers provide basic personal information similar to what is currently collected when they arrive in Canada. Questions on the application will be used to pre-screen travelers to ensure that they are not inadmissible to Canada

Complete the eTA online through the Citizenship and Immigration website.

You must be at least 18 years of age to apply. If under 18 years of age, a parent/custodian or a representative must apply on your behalf.

The cost to obtain an eTA is $7.00. Once secured, the eTA is valid for 5 years or the duration of your passport.


No comments to display.

Add a Comment